Have you ever had a display go out or a GPS receiver start working intermittently, and you knew it was going to cost an arm and a leg to get it repaired? Managing and maintaining your avionics and cabin equipment can be unpredictable and costly, with component failures often exceeding the cost of your coverage. Coverages vary on your flight hours and what components are installed in your aircraft.
However, if you have a Collins Aerospace or Honeywell fully integrated Avionics System, cost-saving options are available to you. Both companies offer service plans that cover your avionics items should they start to fail.
Collins Aerospace Service Program (CASP)
Collins Aerospace has a premier, power-by-the-hour maintenance program dedicated to you and your Collins Aerospace-equipped aircraft, backed by a global network of authorized dealers. Collins Avionics Service Program (CASP) assures you maximum aircraft availability while eliminating financial risk. There are 3 tiers to choose from for your coverage.
- CASP—their most popular program—offers unparalleled customer support, cost control, and program inclusions.
- CASP Elite, their premier service, offers complete maintenance protection, exclusive incentives, and savings in one premium support solution.
- CASP Essential is available on select turboprops and light business jets offers a cost-effective solution for low flight hour operators.
Depending on the tier chosen, you have many options available to you such as:
- Unlimited exchange on rental or repaired units
- Cost savings on service bulletins and STC packages
- Free expedited repair requests
- Five hour of labor reimbursement toward Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) recertification
- Free troubleshooting units
- No restocking or recertification fees for unused exchange units
- Up to 5 “no fault found” events without penalty
- Parts ship within 24 hours after receipt of order
- Fast and free shipping (up to $600)
- Optional exchange upgrades at service bulletin pricing
Honeywell Maintenance Service Plan (MSP)
Honeywell can remove the financial uncertainty from future avionics repairs and maintenance with their Maintenance Service Plan (MSP) for business jets. (Note: This plan was formerly known as Honeywell Avionics Protection Plan or HAPP.)
The MSP umbrella of offerings from Honeywell is revolutionizing the way maintenance planning for business aviation works. MSP is the most widely recognized maintenance offering in the industry, taking the uncertainty out of repair and maintenance costs for avionics onboard your aircraft. With protection that you can count on, you will have all the necessary tools to handle unforeseen issues and keep your aircraft in service—without breaking the bank.
MSP Gold program includes the following:
- 24/7 road crew service for AOGs Worldwide
- Extended troubleshooting
- Counter to counter shipments and Saturday delivery
- No additional fees resulting from “no faults found” NFF
- Access to tech pubs, pilot guides
- System description and operational manuals
- No charge for loaners
Obsolescence is a reality and it often challenges maintenance budgets. MSP Avionics offers a variety of programs to help customers face obsolescence by providing an alternative option to expensive upgrades. With MSP, an enrolled operator that experiences a unit failure can exchange the obsolete part for an upgraded one.
A few of the units under this umbrella are:
- Phase III
MSP Avionics even allows for third-party components to be added to your plan. Those third-party component companies are Boeing (Aviall), Ovation Select, Jetwave, L3, Universal, SkyConnect-Masco, and Viasat.
If you have Collins or Honeywell Avionics components in your aircraft and want to learn more about how you can save money with a Collins or Honeywell service plan, contact Winner Aviation and ask to speak to Craig. We will cater your new avionics package to the specific components you have in your aircraft, any upgrades you are planning to make, and how much you fly per year. As a factory-authorized dealer for both of these companies, we have the relationships to get you the best deal possible.